cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
touareg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 32

Re: Drastic Download/Upload Speed Drop

U have just joined this forum because I am expriencing this same problem.. a massive drop in upload speed.. now I cant find how to start my own thread???

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 32

Re: Boards, Batteries and Cradles

are you on normal broadband or infinity (fibre)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 32

I have moved your posts to a new thread, so you can get help from the community.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 32

This link will take you to the board you want https://community.bt.com/ just select the one most suited to your problem and then click on the new message button
0 Ratings
touareg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 32

Re: Boards, Batteries and Cradles

normal broadband
0 Ratings
touareg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 32

I read 'how to post a new question' but im sorry if im stupid but I never figured it out.. i dont get it Ive used many forums before but this one just baffles me.. Now I dont know how to find this new thread either? I didnt want to hijack other threads but found no other way to ask a question here.
0 Ratings
touareg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 32

Hello I spent half an hour trying to figure out how to start my own thread.. I read "how to ask a question" it says "Go to the board you want to post on and click the New Message link near the top of the message list". How do I find the 'board'? and I have not seen "new message" anywhere?

Anyway here is my problem:
The last few weeks I have been experiencing terrible problems. I am a musician and I regularly upload videos to youtube. I have been doing this since 2010 and it has never taken more than 2 to 4 hours max. It recently took me 46 hours! I did a test with a 30 second video and it took 13 hours! I am now unable to upload to facebook.. it goes into endless upload and then I get a "failed to upload' message.
I have spent hours on the phone and chat with BT and have been told my service is acceptable.
I have done the quiet line text and its silent
I have done the speed text many times and I often get 0.00 for upload speed.. sometimes 0.03 and the best Ive had is 0.06 how can this be acceptable?
When I did the troubleshooter on the bt website it failed to complete the test and said there was a problem.
I can't even watch videos now without constant re-loading like the internet used to be 15 years ago.
And yet BT says: "We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance."
Its not a specific server.. everything has slowed down massively. I have an up to date imac with no issues. It is operating very well performing offline tasks and I have checked everything to make sure this is not a computer issue.
I am at the end of my tether. My online experience has become a nightmare. I most definitely will find another broadband provider unless I get some real help soon.

0 Ratings
touareg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 32

Download speed 3.12

Upload speed: 0.00

Ping latency: 170

Upstream rate 0.45

Download speedachieved during the test was - 3.12 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 5 Mbps
0 Ratings
touareg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 32

Information for Helpdesk agents

When contacting the BT Broadband helpdesk, the agent might ask you for details about your BT Home Hub. This page contains all of the information they are likely to request.

1. Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: +058720+NQ24741992
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.52 (Type A) Last updated 19/08/16
4. Board version: BT Home Hub 3.0A
5. ADSL uptime: 1 days, 20:01:16
6. Bandwidth: 448 / 5664
7. Data sent/received: 4.8 / 3.2
8. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
9. BT FON: Yes
10. Wireless network/SSID: BTHub3-8FPM
11. Wireless connections: Disabled
12. Wireless security: WPA and WPA2
13. Wireless channel: Automatic / 1
14. Firewall: Default
15. MAC Address: 7c:03:d8:15:71:e8
16. VPI/VCI: 0 / 38
17. Line profile: Interleaved
18. Software variant: -

0 Ratings
touareg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 32

When I run a speed test on support.bt.com I get this:

Problem with our speedtest
Sorry, something went wrong with the speedtest and we'll need to run it again.

0 Ratings