cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halim80s
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Re: Formal Complaints - Ombudsman Services

I have joined BT from 15th of December 2016.

On the first day I was let down by the BT engineer as he never turns up, I had to call BT to get my connection activated.

Thereafter, till date I was never able to use my internet 100%.

Everyday the internet connection drops and or no internet connection (despite using BT home hub 6).

Finally I had a BT engineer visiting my house on 5th of January 2017.

Next day I was not available at home. Day after today 7th January 2017 the problem is back. Now no internet service at all, If I connect the router my telephone stops working.

When I contacted BT customer service they refused to resolve my problem, the customer service officer calls me back and threatens me.

Furthermore, the cancellation team denying to cancel my line as I have used 70 (GB or MB) internet although I have signed up for an unlimited broadband package.

I have been told that, I will have to continue paying BT and running the contract regardless I get the service or not. Can anyone experience similar situation. I am due to contact ofcom or ombudsman or what else approach I should take.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

HI @halim80s and welcome.

I'm sorry you've had problems getting connected. Which service did you order? Is it infinity or normal ADSL broadband?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
halim80s
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

I have signed up for

Unlimited Broadband with upto 17MB Speed and additional unlimited landline calling

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Thanks for confirming that @halim80s.

I've moved your post to the broadband board so we can try to help you. Are you able to run a speed test? Can you try that and post the results? Do you have any noise on the line? Can you connecting a phone to the test socket behind the master faceplate and dial 17070 option 2?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
halim80s
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Hi David,
My router is connected to the test socket.
This morning I had 5.6MB download speed later once the connection dropped then the speed improved to 9.7 MB. And now the speed is 10MB it has significantly improved.
The major issue is total loss of the internet connection. I had problems with my telephone.
If I connect both telephone and router the telephone used to get disconnected but it has changed now.
The test socket was replaced by a BT engineer on the 5th of January 2016 at 14:00 hour.
0 Ratings
halim80s
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

David tried the line test it's kept saying "quite line test" for over 5 min and then with a message thank you for using bt it's cut off
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

did you hear any noise between the announcements

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Hi @halim80s,

Can you confirm if you can hear noise in the line between the announcements as per @john46 post?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
halim80s
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Worst company ever do not join

BT is Worst company ever do not join:
• unable to supply internet as advertised
• rude / unhelpful customer service
• do not resolve problems and put you in a loop
• will raise the cost middle of the contract
• will not follow the UK consumer guidance and would like to charge you cancellation fee despite you have given them a 30 days notice.
If any one reading please do not join BT
Tags (1)
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Re: Worst company ever do not join

@halim80s

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings