Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willymaxp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 30

Re: Good speed from exchange, VERY slow at home

Go to solution

I am also suffering from very slow throughput and just across the road from the BMW garage 01278 code.  The strange thing is that I did a speedtest this morning via iPad and I got 920kb/s down and 114.2kb/s upload @ 0710 so I come home tonight and test again back to 63.2kb/s down and 106.1kb/s upload ????.  I have gone via test socket on master socket and reset my router also.  See below screenshot via BT Broadband Speed Test site tonight at 18:43.  I have an egineer booked from 1300 to 1800 on Monday 10th Feb.  The speed seems to have gone down hill since the fibre install I requested failed due to copper issues and has never been the same since in the evenings.

BT Slow Speed 01278.jpg

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 30

Go to solution

Hi Welcome to the community forums

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

willymaxp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 30

Go to solution

I have followed the above and I was replying to thread https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/Good-speed-from-exchange-VERY-slow-at-home/t... and this has appeared as a new thread

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 30

Go to solution
to save confusion to the other posters replies as the causes may well be different
willymaxp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 30

Go to solution

Thanks but the other post that was added was somone who was maybe a couple hundred yards away from me.

Paul

0 Ratings
willymaxp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 30

Go to solution

Also this issue is not solved...........

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 30

Go to solution
you are the only person who can mark your post as solved no one else can
willymaxp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 30

Go to solution

Do this mean that I have to re-raise this again?.

I got an engineer turning up on Monday 10th between 1300 and 1800, that took me an age to get that to happen so if an engneer does turn up is he going to be able to resolve it ?.

Paul

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 30

Go to solution
No if hou go to message 4 which is marked solved and then options on right you should be abled to remove the solved. As the originator only you and mod can mark post as solved

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
willymaxp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 30

Go to solution

BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test.jpg

Test Results.jpg

A couple of screnshots from BT Wholesale Speedtester

0 Ratings