cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rsnik46
Message 1 of 3

Re: Home Hub 2 Connection Keeps Dropping

-- and I thought I was the only one with this problem! Smiley Wink

I'm using a Home Hub 2 (which we've had since August 2009) and have recently moved it downstairs to enable us to plug into the Master socket instead of an extension. The idea behind the move was to eliminate one of the possible causes of the connection dropping!

For a week and a half it's been fine and then all of a sudden it's started dropping again. Last night (11/2/13) at around 10pm it dropped and restarted 5 times in less than 10 minutes and this evening it's dropped 3 times in a matter of minutes again!

Obviously it's also affecting the phone line that's plugged into the Hub - unfortunately my daughter was calling us at the time!

Like most other people all I want is a reliable connection!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

I moved post to start your own thread to avoid confusion and other thread id 3months since last post

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run  btspeedtester  (MAC users may have problems). when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post the results .

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

0 Ratings