cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanJ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Re: IP profile stuck following repair to line

Hi ,  I have the same problem.  Our line was brought down due to snow.  Its been repaired 2 weeks ago but we are getting 1/2 the speed we did before.  Tried the telephone support but no help.  My IP profile is now 2Mbps.  Hope you can help.

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 1.98 Mbps

0 Mbps2 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.98 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.8 Mbps-2 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 2.03 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.39 Mbps

0 Mbps0.83 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.39Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

you are on adsl2 so your profile is not stuck as it changes as and when you connection speed chnages  so to get better profile you need to improve your conenction speed  can you post stats from your router please

can you try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SeanJ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Tried the quite line test.  There is a constant background hum.  I have a hh4, how do I find the stats?  Thanks for the quick reply.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

did you do quiet line test with corded phone as that should be quiet but sometimnes using a cordless phone can have a hum which is ok

if you check when router last reset then go to logs and you are looking for 2 lines together at that time showing connection speed and noise margin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SeanJ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Quite line test done with corded phone.  There is background hum.  

Hope these are what you need.

19:58:52, 27 Dec.( 110.990000) DSL noise margin: 5.90 dB upstream, 9.10 dB downstream
19:58:51, 27 Dec.( 110.070000) DSL line rate: 614 Kbps upstream, 2301 Kbps downstream
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

As you can see from the stats your noise margin is high as normal is about 6db due to all the drops in connection. If you can maintain connection then noise margin should reduce and speed increase automatically but need 5 days stable 

have you you tried using the test socket?  If you have noise on quiet line test with corded phone I would try again from the test socket and if still there then report a phone fault to 151. No mention of broadband

0 Ratings
SeanJ
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Ok I think I will give it a week and see what happens.  I will try the quite line test in the test socket, as you suggest.  Thanks again.

0 Ratings