cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ms98tjc
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Re: Maximum data rate

I appear to have a very similar issue to the one described in this thread, could you be of assistance?

DSL details below. I was having regular drop outs and now it appears to be limiting my connection speed. I have had multiple online chats and have an engineer coming next week, but wondered if you can help?

TCM(Trellis Coded Modulation)SNR MarginLine AttenuationPath ModeInterleave DepthData RateMax RatePowerINPINP-SHINEINP-REINCRC

On
On
27.6 dB
25.6 dB
30.8 dB
12.1 dB
Interleaved
FastPath
2272 kbps
444 kbps
14136 kbps
1124 kbps
0.0 dbm
11.3 dbm
2.3 symbols
0.0 symbols
-
-
-
-

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

All your connection problems have resulted in you ending up in a banded profile. There is no point in doing anything until engineer visit and hopefully fixes your connection stability problem. Once fixed engineer may reset noise margin and speed will return

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi @ms98tjc,

How did things go with the engineer?

If you're still experiencing issues with your connection, please post back.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
ms98tjc
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

@PaddyB 

He changed the interleave depth to 64 which has increased the speed, but I am still getting CRC errors and my router still reports the DSL line is unstable. It seems to drop at least once every 24 hours. He said the line showed no fault. It is the same answer I got last time a few months back. Sorted it for a while but then it will probably slow down again. I also don't really see it as a solution, as it has done nothing to solve the underlying problem, it just masks the issue.

Tom

0 Ratings
ms98tjc
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Still having regular dropouts. Though almost managed 48 hours without one! Trying to see if I can get fibre enabled at my cabinet as it is in other ones in my town, but ends at the end of my street!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

enter your phone number and post results  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

remember delete number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings