Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GB1bedfordshire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Re: More Broadband Issues and Abysmal Customer Service

Go to solution

Hi, 

My problem is that since a fault on my landline was fixed my broadband speed has dropped from 7.0mbps to below 0.2mbps! The fault was raised via the chatline and accepted, but no engineer appointment could be made because Openreach systems did not recognise my home address, (despite my being a BT customer at the same address for 30 years and havinfg had several visits from BT engineers over that period including the previous week.) The call centre could not fix the address and so raised it to the "level2" team who I was assured could get it resolved within 5 working days! Six working days later still not fixed, so no engineer appointment. Fault reported on August 7th, now August 22nd and no progress. Everyone very apologetic, but incapable of sorting it out. What is a poor customer supposed to do when an organisation is hidebound by tick box procedure and process with no regard for customer satisfaction?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Go to solution

@GB1bedfordshire

does your phone work?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
GB1bedfordshire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Yes. Strong dial tone, no background noise.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

are you able to conenct to test socket and post stats from your hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
GB1bedfordshire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution
Sorry, I don't understand.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

can you connect hub to test socket with a filter then go to hub manager 192.168.1.254 and post your router comnnection stats

test socket.jpg

GB1bedfordshire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

I have a tower pc and homehub 4 with cable connection. I can't get it to the test socket.

0 Ratings
GB1bedfordshire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution
( 109.320000) DSL is up 17:31:16, 22 Aug. ( 108.320000) DSL noise margin: 6.00 dB upstream, 31.00 dB downstream 17:31:16, 22 Aug. ( 108.110000) DSL line rate: 1175 Kbps upstream, 280 Kbps downstream 17:30:14, 22 Aug. ( 46.710000) WAN Auto-​sensing runnin These stats from the current connection. Any use?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @GB1bedfordshire and thanks for posting.

Those stats show your noise margin is very high at 31db. I can help with that. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

GB1bedfordshire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Hi

I sent details on Monday. Any progress? PS no other contact from BT yet. 7 working days and no offer of an engineer appointment.

0 Ratings