cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fatzdomingo
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Re: Slow broadband speed and freezes 1 hour early morning

Im up in the Colonies and get the same. Moved off of O2 LLU to Sky (BTW) because I didnt want their phone service. Had the same problem as you just about every night after that. Now on BT Broadband and its still the same. Obviously something wrong with the BTW port/switch/card.

BT "don't know" whats wrong..........not good enough! Ive worked in IT for over 25 years, the probs obviously at the exchange end....so over to BT.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi fatzdomingo,

I'm sorry about the problems with your BT broadband connection. I'll be happy to get this investigated further if you use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
fatzdomingo
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

UPDATE;
Two Openreach Engineers have called. First one didn't complete a "lift & shift" despite being instructed to do so by very nice lady in Newcastle. Result = still slowing down to a crawl at night! and I mean less than dial up.
So here's the facts now
9 years with O2 in their LLU which eventually joins BT Wholesale Backbone - no issues.
6 months with SKY whilst still in the same equipment - no issues.
Removed from LLU and plonked in BT port (didn't want SkyTalk) - slows to a crawl at night.
Joined BT Broadband Unlimited (in for a penny etc) - slows to a crawl at night and SNR increased.
Moved to another card at the exchange - slows to a crawl at night and SNR increased.

So......either BT Broadband are throttling and fibbing, or they aren't and BTWholesale are responsible, or Alcatel/Lucent CWMP are making a mess of things as well. (The logs show that they like to go in round about the same times)

Oh...and the engineer stated that at the time of my slowdown they are missing a two hour chunk of data at the logs on their end! Heh......methinks someone is playing with their management systems.

In a nutshell - no issues or problems until my association with BT equipment.
An explanation would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

post your stats and contact the mod who was helping you to see if he can continue to help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
fatzdomingo
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thanks, but it's gone way beyond that now. I'm still in dialogue (I think) with BT Tech Support down south so posting stats for some knowlegable soul to agree with me about whats happening isn't going to achieve more than Tech Support can, but thanks anyway. I'm posting this to shed some light on the facts about slowdowns that no-one seems to have posted before. I have empirical evidence of the deterioration in service when moved to BT Wholesale Equipment from competitors. BT Broadband may say that it isn't them but they say nothing yet about BT Wholesales Management of the line.

0 Ratings