cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 54

Re: Slow downloads, IP Profile set low. Used to be OK!

It would not be worth openreach building a new cabinet to provide a fibre connection to only potentially 30 customers. It would take years to get a return on the outlay. Have you tried BDUK Scotland

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 52 of 54

If you're prepared, you can co-fund.

The community pay half and BT pay half. You'd need to invest about £20k between however many people are prepared to pay.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Cuthill
Contributor
Message 53 of 54

Hi All

As final update on this Thread, I am confirming that I still have a solid 4.75 download, which is the best I have achieved since we came here. Thanks to all who helped get me there. The value of engineers on the case is in no doubt.

As an interesting side issue, many more people in our group are having similar problems to myself, and the outreach vans are now frequent visitors. No two engineers were the same, and they are all only aware of the fault reported to them. Does no one collate all the calls and indicate that there might be a common thread here???

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 54 of 54

as there are many different ISP's Openreach get fault reports from all of them and they are not reported either in the same way or same time therefore very difficult to collate them
0 Ratings