cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: Slow speed after service loss

Hi There are no passwords to change and checking at the test socket is the basic check that will stop you having to pay for an engineer as visit as it eliminates your extensions and equipment as Openreach are responsible up to the test socket all extensions however are your responsibility Also changing providers is unlikely to resolve the problem as all providers use the same Openreach connections the only exception is Virgin cable

Are you connecting your computer to the hub using a wired or wireless connection
0 Ratings
jilly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Virgin is cable. What about BT infinity?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 17

infinity is fibre from the exchange to your street cabinet and then the existing copper wires from street cabinet to your home - some now have fibre from cabinet to home but they are in minority

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jilly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

I connect by wireless.  when I tried to do the other test (not adls) I was aked to change hub manager password.

0 Ratings
jilly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Will infinity cure the problem I have at the moment

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

it would help if as others have asked if you connect the hub via a filter direct to the test socket.  this is your best connection and is direct to the exchange

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
peteratsrinagar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Hi,

I have similar problems. I have contacted Bt several times now but they do not respond. It appears to me, as with life in general today, it's take the money and run....screw the customer. All I can say is that since SF B\B doesn't work properly then it should not have been rolled out in the first place. I have asked for a refund of this months B\B fees and line rental....but if it's a refund for poor service....BT goes deaf, dumb and blind!

0 Ratings