Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
alanpotter45
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Re: Solid Orange Light on Hub - engineer can't fix

Go to solution

I’m having a similar problem to the one described on this post. BT have sent me a new BT HUB 4 as they said the problem was with the old hub, but after waiting 3 days for the new hub to come, even though they said it would come the next day, after calling BT support they say it will be another week before an engineer can come out, which is crazy. I’m wondering if this problem was fixed and/or whether the same could be done for my setup, as I don’t see what the engineer is going to do and would like to get my internet back before the middle of next week!!!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES
alanpotter45
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Go to solution
The link you’ve put in this post links to itself and not the similar post that I was referring to, I just thought everyone should know.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @alanpotter45,

I'm sorry you've been left without service. Did you manage to get the service repaired?

If not, I'll be able to take a look at your account and run a few checks on your line.

You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
alanpotter45
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for your response. The problem was nothing to do with the hub or the router, but in the box at the end of the road. The engineer called and apparently 50 houses would have been affected, but it still took over a week to get an engineer to fix the issue in minutes. I know that it isn't the same part of BT that looks after the infrastructure, but they must pay Openreach and their engineers to go out and fix problems like this, and I would imagine there aren't enough of these guys fixing these problems or there wouldn't be such long queues, and this is down to BT and all the other telecoms companies scrimping on subcontracting out these engineers to save money. I'm very happy to have internet back, but surely there should be a system in place that BT know that the problem is in the exchange box rather than having no idea what is going on. There surely must also be a system for when engineers go into these boxes so that if they mess up other people's connections BT and the other telecom providers know exactly where and when a problem might have occured. In this day and age it is ridiculous that it took over a week to solve something in such a simple way.

0 Ratings