cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Re: Speed degradation

Hi,

I thought I would update this thread. I'm getting near the end of my patience with BT.

Since I have left the router alone, I have seen my speed increase upto around 5mbps (weeks ago) -BUT..

I now have constant disconnections, which is resulting in my line speed degrading again. I tried countless times to use the broadband troubleshooter online, but ironically the broadband has to work before you can use it, so it doesn't see the disconnections.

I've just checked my DSL uptime and today it says 2 hrs 40 mins! I haven't touched/reset my router since my last post..there might have been a power cut a few weeks back but I'm sure that doesn't account for regular disconnections.

Any advice on what to do?, would be nice to just 'speak' to someone about this.

Also, I presume if I switch supplier - the disconnections will still continue? talk about being stuck between a rock..

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Ruralconnection,

I'll be able to take a look at your connection and run a few checks on your line. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi Paddy,

I've done as you mentioned, thanks.
Speed is slow today-3mbps d/l, 0.7mbps u/l.

Please let me know how things are progressing.

Much appreciated
0 Ratings