cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colinclement
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

Re: Sudden Issue with Broadband , speeds fluctuating constantly up and down , unusable broadband.

Go to solution

Hi

I am now on my 5th smart hub. My broadband speed flips from .047 to 2.08 at best. This has been happening for 6 months now. How do I get openreach to change my line. I have had 4 openreach engineers that all say the wiring in our house is good. When they get to my house they say the speed is fine but clearly someting is pulling the speed down. What can I do next.

Thanks

Colin

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
colinclement
Beginner
Message 2 of 21

Re: Sudden Issue with Broadband , speeds fluctuating constantly up and down , unusable broadband.

Go to solution

ps I live 2.8km from the Fibre enabled cabinet.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

@colinclement I've moved your posts and started your own thread as it will be easier for the community to help with your issue.  I doubt it's the Hub causing the speed fluctuations you're experiencing, can you post your router stats here as it will help us understand the problem better?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
colinclement
Beginner
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks, will do when i get home..

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

@colinclement No problem, we'll be happy to look over the results when you get the chance to post back. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
colinclement
Beginner
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

Hi

A bt engineer just told my wife that a smarthub is not compatable with all copper conections and that is what is causing our current problems. Have you heard of this ? He has ordered us a home hub 4..

Thanks

Colin

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

@colinclement It should work with both copper and fibre connections.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
colinclement
Beginner
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

Hi neil

Is that an official BT reply ?

Thanks

Colin

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

@colinclement yes the Smart hub is compatible with the following types of connection ADSL, ADSL2+, VDSL2 and Fibre.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
colinclement
Beginner
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

Hi Neil

not what the BT engineer just told my wife, and when she plugged in our old HH4 and that was the same 0.47mbps they said that that was faulty too and have ordered us a new HH4.  At least  I can open a HH shop !

How do I resolve this, I expect it is our distance from the cabinet but how do I get BT/Openreach to agree this ? Is ther a bit of kit I can put in-line to record speeds and issues ?

Thanks

Colin

0 Ratings