cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
widders
Contributor
Message 51 of 74

Re: no phone or broadband and appalling customer service.

Go to solution

HI - here's the full monty - it says FTTP available on demand !!

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date   ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus
VDSL Range A (Clean)15.79.51.20.87.3Available---- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)11.54.31.20.62.7Available---- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 1--1 to 3.5Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 0.5--0.25 to 1.5Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate0.5----Available---- 
Fixed Rate0.5----Available---- 
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapU      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateP      
Last Test Date17-05-2017      

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market A Exchange.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 25-Oct-2017.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 52 of 74

Go to solution

So FTTC is still available so hopefully mods will get order re-instated

FTTPoD is a different product to FTTP which is what residential customers have

This FTTPod price list. https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=0WyIM7tTGGguc...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
widders
Contributor
Message 53 of 74

Go to solution

thank you - much obliged

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 54 of 74

Go to solution

Hi @widders,

I agree with @imjolly and it looks like you are still on ADSL. I'll be able to have a look at your order to see whats gone wrong.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
widders
Contributor
Message 55 of 74

Go to solution

Hi PaddiB

I have no idea how to resolve my ongoing incident or contact the moderator Robbie McVitty.  I've replied to his email to email to regarding reinstating my BT Infinity order but it goes to Customer Service.  It relates to the incident below.  We now have had no broadband at all for five days +.    Have you any idea how to contact BT again about this?  I really don't want to go through the India call centre route for the nth time to report it.

Much obliged

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 74

Go to solution

@widders I'm really sorry that your broadband isn't working. @RobbieMac is not in the office at the moment but one of the mod team will get in touch.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
widders
Contributor
Message 57 of 74

Go to solution
Thank you - we'd really be much obliged.
0 Ratings
widders
Contributor
Message 58 of 74

Go to solution

Well... I can't thank all of you enough - especially Paddy who has, this afternoon and single-handedly, corrected the problem over the 'phone and rectified years of misery!!  The new hub has turned blue and I have stopped turning red!!  We now have 26 Mb/s download although upload is snail's pace.  

I'm foxed as to how or why we had all the problems we've had and how the Infinity order we placed wasn't properly set up.  Communication and Information Technology BT- that's what you're supposed to be all about.  Thank God for your moderators.

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 74

Go to solution

Hi @widders,

Thank you for taking my call yesterday. I'm happy to hear that you've been able to get connected. I've ran a few checks on your line and the connection is looking pretty good. There have been no disconnection from the hub was connected. The speeds have settled down at around 13 Mbps, which is in line with the estimate for your line.

I know @RobbieMac has been dealing with your case he is out of the office at the moment and he'll follow up with you again on Monday.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
widders
Contributor
Message 60 of 74

Go to solution
Thank you Paddy - really grateful. Robbie will probably talk to my wife on the landlines on Monday as I'm not here.

Have a good weekend.
0 Ratings