cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeyrickG
Aspiring Expert
Message 61 of 74

Re: no phone or broadband and appalling customer service.

Go to solution

I hope OpenReach sort your Infinity out quicker than they have ours.

Fibre Installed up road and fully tested in July last year, they did not bother telling BT till December.

We ordered Dec 6th (FTTP up to 76Meg) Engineers came connected us to pole Dec 17th for activation on the 20th, said Splitter up road was dead and had been reported (the one that was fully tested and working in July).

Took OpenReach 2 months to bother fixing it, tested fibre at each house that has been waiting, all good Feb 17th ish.

Engineer came Thursday (1st Mar) to finally do the inside work, fitted the box etc, went outside to splice Fibre, found they had only left 18 inches instead of the 1.5 meters they supposed to, only just enough to reach splicer.

Not sure if due to the Tempreature or a bit of iffy Fibre, but it kept breaking on him while trying to get end ready, finally too short.

So still not connected, got to wait for a new Fibre from pole to house to be fitted now.

God knows how long thats going to take.

So stuck with our 2.5 meg if lucky connection, which drops out every 10 to 30 mins after 4:30pm until early morning, sure there is a time switch in the exchange that goes over and puts the Signal to Noise ratio through the floor.  Strange thing is it works fine during the Day, downloading at 3meg.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
widders
Contributor
Message 62 of 74

Go to solution
Hi there. I can't say how much I feel your frustration. We had literally years of shocking broadband (and phone) and we have been paying normal rates for the 'package' . It caused so much hassle in the family and I became so sick of it.
All I can say is that the BT problem reporting process was immensely time consuming with hours spent on the 'phone to call centres just to be told that our line would not supply more than 0.5 Mbit/s. With my daughter unable to do schoolwork and my wife not being able to send emails, the last thing you want to be told is there isn' t a problem!
Thank God for the forum and moderator help. They insisted that we should be able to get basic fast fibre rates (my neighbour refused to pay her bill having the same problem and an engineer fixed it). The last straw was to be advised to order Infinity only for it not to do anything. 'Fraid I lost my rag with another call centre lady (which I never ever do) and told her to speak to my wife! She was then told we wouldn' t get the service and the order was cancelled. Finally, the moderators sorted it. The set-up was not connected properly! We now have an acceptable speed and connection has been maintained (with no engineer visit this time).
I think my real beef with all this is false diagnosis of the problem and the massive lack of communication - we had no idea we could get fast-fibre until the experts looked at the hub settings etc. for us. I can only suggest that you stick with these people on the forum and avoid trying to use the 'phone to BT or Openreach. I really sympathise. If you haven' t done so you can look at one of the moderator's profiles and log a job with them. Good luck.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 63 of 74

Go to solution

@widders wrote:
   If you haven' t done so you can look at one of the moderator's profiles and log a job with them. Good luck.

The moderators only work by personal invite  and cannot deal with problems by personal message as they cannot be properly tracked

0 Ratings
DeyrickG
Aspiring Expert
Message 64 of 74

Go to solution

We have had Moderator help before a couple of tears ago, infinately better than the normal Indian non help desk.

I have had a few calls with the Fibre To The Home Team which are Uk based and as helpfull as they can be with updates.

Considering the issue was with OpenReach being exceptionally slow and not bothereing to update BT on what they were doing or not doing. I think the Home team was just as frustrated with Open Reach, OR Control does not even bother answering the phone, took her numerous attempts to get any info.

Just have to wait for them to pull there finger out.

0 Ratings
DeyrickG
Aspiring Expert
Message 65 of 74

Go to solution

Just an update on our issue with Fibre.

Engineers came last Wednesday the 7th (was booked for Friday), sorted the issue with the Fibre to house and got us connected up. Been solid 76 down and 20 up since then apart from power cut.

Massive improvement over the maybe 3 on a good day crappy Aluminium and copper wire.

0 Ratings
widders
Contributor
Message 66 of 74

Go to solution
Very glad you're getting sorted.
0 Ratings
Leehebrides
Contributor
Message 67 of 74

Go to solution

I feel for you widders, I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall every time I ring BT. they Promises all sorts and tell you the problems have been sorted.

The one time I managed to order Infinity and was told by an operator that it was ordered and I would get an email confirming my order, I waited a week with nothing, telephoned back and no order had been placed.  I have been told it’s a post code error and it’s been fixed with OR, no it has not.  I have been told I am a BT employee, I am not.

Last Tuesday I was told it was a Data integrity problem with BT system, nothing to do with my post code, but would take 10 days to sort out, but if I got the same problem after 10 days to ring back as it could be another problem. so ring back and we can start again.

It was also pointed out to me that I was too far away from Cab no 2 to which I am connected, so could not order broadband, when told them it was nine paces from Cab 2, to where my telephone line comes into the house and that two OR engineers had connected me up a month before, I was told it was a postcode error, so full circle.

It really is like banging one’s head against a brick wall, everyone says something different. I really am getting to a point where I am going to stay with my 2 mb wireless supplier, at least I can telephone them and get problems sorted.

I even had to go to my local MSP to even get connected to the Cab

0 Ratings
widders
Contributor
Message 68 of 74

Go to solution
I totally empathise. It just seems to be a question of getting hold of the right person of which there seem to be very few! Let's hope a moderator can pick you up and chase it - I have nothing but praise for the chaps who sorted us out. I'm afraid the call centres just follow a protocol when the backroom personnel are really needed. First time ever I lost my cool with anyone on the 'phone in my life!
0 Ratings
Leehebrides
Contributor
Message 69 of 74

Go to solution

I can quite understand how you can lose it with them, I have not up to now , I know they just have a protocol and that if they stick to the script they can,t go wrong, does not help us poor sole on the other end.  I did laugh out load at one, she was very sympathetic that I had been trying and getting Now where with , but then she tried to sell me BT TV I could not help but laugh, that or cry.

0 Ratings
DeyrickG
Aspiring Expert
Message 70 of 74

Go to solution

If you can contact a UK based team you are a lot better off, the Indian call centers are a total waste of time and effort.

As you say they run through a script and are not engineers or even know what they are talking about nearly all the time.

Our Fibre issue was sorted by the Fibre to the Home team,  ring the help number 150 from a BT phone and just say the relevant team name. More likely to get somebody who can actually help that way than just saying broadband problem and getting stuck with some Indian who cannot help.

0 Ratings