Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adambc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Re: very slow upload speed - POST MEANT FOR imjolly

Go to solution

I'm experiencing terrible upload speeds, which BT tell me is within their expected range ie 448kbps ...

However, in this post, you asked about 21CN and using the link to check it say it's enabled for my exchange ...

What does that actually mean eg does it mean there is a way to get a faster upload speed even though Open Reach only say P(lanned) A(era)?

FYI; the recent move from iPhoto to Photos and the associated need to upload my pghotos to iCloud to be able to sync them to my iPad is the root cause to my woes - do BT not "get" that the Cloud is here?

Many thanks ...

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Go to solution

enter your phone number and post results  remember to dlete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
adambc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Can you work with this (I'm not sure how to grab a snapshot on an iMac and post it here)?

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 5 -- 3 to 7.5 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 5 Up to 1 3 to 7.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 4 -- 2.5 to 7 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

From the dslchecker results adsl2 is available with estimate of about 5mb conenction and upstream probably 0.8/1mb.  Can you post any router stats?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
from your earlier posts you were on adslmax which has a max upload of 448k
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

I saw that john46 but I was just trying to make sure adslmax before asking for mod help

0 Ratings
adambc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

I have a BT Home Hub 4, but I'm not sure how to get the router stats you're looking for?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream
0 Ratings
adambc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

This is the latest entry I can find ...

12:27:34, 25 May. (435858.560000) DSL is up
12:27:33, 25 May. (435857.390000) DSL noise margin: 5.90 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
12:27:32, 25 May. (435856.360000) DSL line rate: 1023 Kbps upstream, 7671 Kbps downstream
12:25:54, 25 May. (435758.730000) DSL is down after 14 minutes uptime

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

you are on adsl2 with good 7.6mb down and 1m up

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results 

btspeedtester