Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 29

Re: Really bad broadband

Go to solution

@hjj5578 wrote:
Just to let you know the reason I haven't posted the results is because although the hub shows a blue light the connection is so bad it won't even connect to the website to get the information. I will post it should I ever get a good enough connection.

Can you connect to the home hub using an Ethernet connected device?

Can you see this link IP Check 

0 Ratings
hjj5578
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 29

Go to solution
Update. Engineer has been but as it was logged as a line problem (even though I clearly told them it wasn't) he could do what he needed to. Apparently reason I am getting 0.5mbs is that that is what it has been capped at. Are BT having a laugh capping a speed so low as to be useless?? Now need to try and get it reset. More phone calls needed 🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁
0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 23 of 29

Go to solution
Hi,

Sounds similar to my past, i hope, problems.

Is your internet up to posting the pictures/information Keith_Beddoe requested?

If not can you do a www. speedtest.net and post your ping, download and upload?
0 Ratings
hjj5578
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 29

Go to solution

It keeps telling me the screenshot is too big to load.  Download = 0.21, ping 30ms and no upload.  Spoke to BT and all they would do is send yet another engineer out.  I could cry with frustration. 

@DiggerOfTrencheswrote:
Hi,

Sounds similar to my past, i hope, problems.

Is your internet up to posting the pictures/information Keith_Beddoe requested?

If not can you do a www. speedtest.net and post your ping, download and upload?

0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 25 of 29

Go to solution
Been there done that. I was thinking of shooting my self.
The screen shot I think needs to be less than 120kb to upload suss fully try reducing the size if you can. I do all mine less tan 100kb.

As for your problems. What device, operating system , browser are you using?

Are you wireless or cabled to router?

0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 26 of 29

Go to solution

@hjj5578wrote:
Update. Engineer has been but as it was logged as a line problem (even though I clearly told them it wasn't) he could do what he needed to. Apparently reason I am getting 0.5mbs is that that is what it has been capped at. Are BT having a laugh capping a speed so low as to be useless?? Now need to try and get it reset. More phone calls needed 🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁

If you get screen shot thing working can you also upload router information page?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
hjj5578
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 29

Go to solution
I will try when I am back home later or tomorrow. Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @hjj5578  welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that you are having issues with your broadband connection. 

It sound like there is a fault somewhere that has resulted in your speed dropping to a fraction of what you used to get. You have tried to resolve this via the call channels without success and we will be happy to help you from here on until the fault is fixed and reduce your frustration.I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 29 of 29

Really bad broadband

Go to solution

@JohnC2wrote:

Hi @hjj5578  welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that you are having issues with your broadband connection. 

It sound like there is a fault somewhere that has resulted in your speed dropping to a fraction of what you used to get. You have tried to resolve this via the call channels without success and we will be happy to help you from here on until the fault is fixed and reduce your frustration.I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

cheers
John

Just a thought,

You are suffering from a broadband outage. This broadband outage has been going on for more than two working days. Under new rules you are entitled to £8 per day of outage after 2 working days automatically because your broadband is below 'agreed' limits.

When you reported your 'broadband fault' you may have mentioned the hiss on your line as well.

If you did this , under the new rules, this may well be interpreted as a noisy line which does not require £8/5/day compensation. A telephone engineer will be dispatched to not fix your broadband.

The two working day working clock will then be reset and back to square one.

This has happened to me twice since the first of April, no joke.

Check your bt account for active/resolved complaints.

If it looks anything like mine bellow then there taking the Micheal.

image.png

I hope this helps. All the best. 26 engineers later my broadband is finally fixed?

0 Ratings