Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobJB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Regluar broadband signal loss

Go to solution

Hi,

Last month, renewed Broadband package to keep price competitive. The only change was a reduction in BT Cloud space. Since then we regularly lose internet connection. The lights on the router remain all blue and steady (when we had signal issues years ago, the middle light used to flash yellow but this is not happening now). To get a signal back we have to reset at the router.

Any ideas on what has caused this appreciated. Thanks

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 1:23:45
Downstream5,763 Kbps
Upstream1,055 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.3
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)12.1 dB / 6.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)39.0 dB / 21.8 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 13.0 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 4294967264
CRC Errors (Down/Up)3 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)3
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Regluar broadband signal loss

Go to solution
Are you dropping internet connection or it the wifi that you are dropping but internet still connected? The resets have increased your noise margin to 12db instead of normal 6db and this has reduced your connection speed

Are you connected to test socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
RobJB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

I think it is the internet we are losing as all computers and devices lose the connection together. How do I test if it is the wi-fi?

Connected to the main socket.

This only started once I renewed my contract for another year.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Contract renewal is just an admin change and should have nothing to do with you internet connection. Are all your devices wireless? When you say main socket do you mean master or test socket?  test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
It has nothing to do with any contract change are your devices connected to the hub by wireless or ethernet cable
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Are you using a hh2 as it has known problems. See here http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/hardware/hh2/hh2_issues.html

RobJB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
Hi.
It is a home hub 2. All devices are wireless.
Only have the one phone socket - don't know what a test socket is

If the home hub is on the fritz, how can I get it replaced?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

You can phone CS and complain and provided you are still in contract you should get it replaced free 

have you tried changing the wireless channel

RobJB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Can you tell me how I change the channel and I will give it a go. If that is no good I will call the number, thanks for your help.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Just enter 192.168.1.254 into your browser then enter hub manager then go to wireless , switch to manual and then select a different channel. 

you can try downloading inssider3 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

inssider3.1.2.1