cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Request for interleaving to be turned back on please.

Go to solution

Hello,

A few years ago the mods here kindly changed my line to fastpath. I would like to reverse this please as the line has become unstable.

Cheers

Info - 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Request for interleaving to be turned back on please.

Go to solution

have you checked for line noise which may be causing your connection problems

dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

A couple of weeks ago there was very high winds in the UK. The line was damaged by trees down the road from our house.

The phone didn't work but the internet did albeit down to 1mbps download (usually about 9/10). It stayed like this for about a week because the BT guys needed permission to close the road from the council. The engineers fixed the phone last friday but didn't visit the house at all so the no reset for the DLM.

The network uptime was approaching 5 days today until earlier when I took that screenshot. I was hoping after a week or so it would start to be bumped back up in speed. 

I will try the quiet line call later on though.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

With ADSL the DLM usually starts to improve connection speed after 7/10 days stable connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Ok I will give it another few days and see what happens. Would one drop over the five days still count as "stable" to the dlm?

This is one of the reasons I thought switching back from fastpath to interleaved would help? No? I don't really do any online gaming anymore anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Any drops will stop the DLM seeing stable connection. Your need 7/10 days with no drops - stable

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

There is no interference or crackling on the quiet  line.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Great so hopefully you will get the needed 7/10 days stable

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

So you think it's a bad idea to change back to interleaved? What if the line continues to be unstable in the next 7 days? Should I try and book a broadband engineer?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hello again.

The broadband engineer just left.  I don't understand the stats but comparing the noise margin to what I posted in the  first post that is a big improvement right?

Would you recommend I just leave the line as it is now? Or should I request the fast patch be taken off now the speed is back? 

0 Ratings