cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Request to mods, can you disable interleaving on my ADSL line?

Go to solution

Hi Mods/All,

I have purchased a BT ADSL line back in December. I purchased it solely due to the low latency the line provides (checked a neighbour's connection who is also with BT).

After 2 weeks, interleaving was enabled, and my latency increased by around 15 ms.

A BT call was logged and an openreach engineer came out. I explained to him the issue and he performed the Line reset/DLM  reset, and voila, connection back to the better latency happy days.

After another 2 weeks, interleaving switched back on (surprising really as there was only 1 powerfailure in the home and i think 1 ADSL resync at 4am). The interleaving did go to moderate on its own, but today after another powerfailuire to the ground floor in the home where the router is, interleaving again is now fully enabled.

Mods, any chance you can completely disable interleaving for me on the line? I believe it is fastpath profile (but that's just what I have read here so may be mistaken).

If there is anything I need to do can you let me know? Happy to help out or do anything to get this fixed.

Thanks,

Adam

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Request to mods, can you disable interleaving on my ADSL line?

Go to solution

@adam6 wrote:

Hi Mods/All,

I

My line was purchased through BT WholeSale.

Adam

What do you mean, by that, is it a business line?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

Sorry forget that. I will edit it out I think ive got confused.

I purchased it through bt.com but the openreach engineer gave me the wholesale number to call for any further faults. And I've seen wholesale wrote down here a few times.

My line is not a business line, just a home line.

Thanks,

Adam

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

@adam6 

What are your download and upload connection speeds?

It would not be BT Wholesale that deal with faults.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

Connection speeds are fine. Standard really for ADSL around 8mb down and smaller up.

It's not the connection speeds which are the problem its the latency.

Thanks,

Adam

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

@adam6 wrote:

Hi Keith,

Connection speeds are fine. Standard really for ADSL around 8mb down and smaller up.

It's not the connection speeds which are the problem its the latency.

Thanks,

Adam

If you are only getting 8Mb, are you just on normal ADSL or ADSL2+ on a  long line, its important?

Which BT Home Hub are you using?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

Not sure on which version of ADSL I am using if I am honest. Do you know how I can find out? I get around 10-11 down and 1 up. So this might be ADSL2?

They sent me a Home Hub 4 to use.

Thanks,

Adam

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Yes, you are on ADSL2+. You have the correct home hub version.

Interleaving adds (FEC) Forward Error Correction when there are increasing CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) errors due to line noise. FEC allows for errors to be corrected at the receiving end.

This is managed automatically by DLM (Dynamic Line Management) which can be manually overridden on an ADSL connection.

You need to be aware that removing interleaving is likely to result in an increase in CRC errors which will force re-transmission of any errored data packet. This in turn will result in momentary latency hits which may be more problematic that the latency introduced by interleaving.

If that is what you want, then I will ask a moderator to help.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the information.

Keith, I 100% want all interleaving turned off. I understand what you have wrote below and still want interleaving to be turned fully off.

Do you want me to private message my landline number to you?

Thanks,

Adam

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

This is a public customer to customer forum, I am just a customer, so please do not post any numbers here.

Wait for a moderator to help.

Most likely tomorrow morning now.

0 Ratings