Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jeh0lland
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Resetting IP Profile

Go to solution

How do I get BT to seret my IP Profile?  I had router problems and speed has dropped.  To fix I bought a BT Home Hub 4r, fitted an I Plate filter and located new router next to master socket.  Now get reliable 2Mb but used to get 6Mb.  Checked IP Profile and reduced to 2Mb.  Router stats are:

12:26:49, 12 Mar.( 75.140000) DSL noise margin: 21.00 dB upstream, 10.70 dB downstream
12:26:48, 12 Mar.( 75.070000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 8128 Kbps downstream

Can I get BT to reset now that I have fixed my problems or is the oply option to go to another provider and start again?

Help please

John

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Resetting IP Profile

Go to solution
The mods will help but can you post the results from btspeedtester diagnostic test

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jeh0lland
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks for the helpful suggestion. Speedtest results below: ---------------------- Home Image not loadedTesting Image not loadedResult Image not loaded FAQ Results Image not loaded 1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information. Download Speed 1.99 Mbps 0 Mbps 2 Mbps Max Achievable Speed Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.99 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps. Additional Information: Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM) IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps If you wish to discuss these results please contact your Broadband Service Provider. If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your Broadband Service Provider for assistance. Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester. Please visit the FAQ if you are unable to understand the test results. -------------------------------------- How do I contact the Mods?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
The mods will post a contact us link when they read this

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Good Morning JehOlland,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.  I can help with your connection speed but I will need your details.

Please drop me an email, if you click on my username (SeanD) you will find the 'Mods contact link' under the 'About me' section of my profile.  If you could fill this out then I will be able to get the ball moving.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
jeh0lland
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks I have filled out the form and await to hear from you and faster data transfer!
John
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
It can take a few working days for mods to get back to you either by phone or email as you have joined a queue of other customers waiting on mod help

0 Ratings