Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BobbyN1
Message 1 of 6

Resolving Host

Hi all, hope someone can help.

Constant problems with connecting to internet.  Failure to connect to sites with "Resolving Host" message which happens periodically.  Sometimes for few moments sometime I can only resolve the issue by rebooting.  I have tried changing windows DNS settings to google but to no avail.  When I am connected my speed is fine but connection keeps failing periodically.  I have Home Hub 3.0 Type A and understand that I cannot change the DNS settings in the router to try to resolve the issue. I am at my wits end with this - can anyone please help.

ps Using Windows 10, tried a complete clean install, tried other suggestions from advice through google search for similar problems. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Resolving Host

Welcome to this user forum.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Also try a factory reset of the home hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/~/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-setti...

0 Ratings
BobbyN1
Message 3 of 6

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your response.  Yes there is noise on the phone line.  I will try a factory reset of the router later, thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Report the noise as a phone fault, don't mention broadband.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

@BobbyN1 wrote:

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your response.  Yes there is noise on the phone line.  I will try a factory reset of the router later, thanks

If there is noise on the line, then you need to report it as a noisy line. Do not mention the broadband problem, otherwise it will end up in the wrong fault queue, and take much longer to be fixed. There are plenty of people who can fix phone faults, but not as many broadband people.

Once the phone fault is fixed, then the broadband will get better.

The noise is causing errors which is why you are getting the DNS issues.

Resetting the home hub will not help.

0 Ratings
BobbyN1
Message 6 of 6

Hi Keith,

Thak you for your help.  Tried resetting the router and, as you say, no luck.  I will report the phone line noise 1st but its going to take some time (Xmas and all that) but I will certainly let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your help - Merry Xmas

Bob

0 Ratings