cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phorsman
Beginner
5,209 Views
Message 1 of 7

Returning BT HomeHub

Hi,

 

My contract with BT is soon to expire and I will be leaving the country so was wondering if anyone knows if there is an address to send the BT Home Hub back to? Or do they not expect you to return the hardware? I was never clear on that.

 

Cheers,

 

Pete

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
5,165 Views
Message 2 of 7

Re: Returning BT HomeHub

If you've seen out the contract, then the hub is yours to do what you like with. BT do accept them back for recycling, but it's up to you. I've no idea what the address is - BT usually send out a big pre-paid envelope to post the kit back in.
0 Ratings
Moderator
Moderator
5,133 Views
Message 3 of 7

Re: Returning BT HomeHub

Hi Phorsman,

 

Thanks for posting. The hub is your's. You can dispose of it at your local recycling depot or give it to a friend as a spare.

 

Cheers

 

David

 

 

Community ModeratorDavidM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
5,129 Views
Message 4 of 7

Re: Returning BT HomeHub

 


DavidM wrote:

Hi Phorsman,

 

Thanks for posting. The hub is your's. You can dispose of it at your local recycling depot or give it to a friend as a spare.

 

Cheers

 

David

 

 


I guess that means that even BT doesn't want it back!Smiley Very Happy

 

 

 

On a serious note

MAKE SURE YOU RESET THE HUB TO FACTORY DEFAULT AS THERE IS A LOT OF INFO STORED ON ITSmiley Surprised

 

 

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Guru
5,124 Views
Message 5 of 7

Re: Returning BT HomeHub


DS wrote:

 


DavidM wrote:

Hi Phorsman,

 

Thanks for posting. The hub is your's. You can dispose of it at your local recycling depot or give it to a friend as a spare.

 

Cheers

 

David

 

 


I guess that means that even BT doesn't want it back!Smiley Very Happy

 

 

 

On a serious note

MAKE SURE YOU RESET THE HUB TO FACTORY DEFAULT AS THERE IS A LOT OF INFO STORED ON ITSmiley Surprised

 

 


Seeing that he's leaving the country DS, I don't think he'll be putting much at risk....   Smiley Very Happy

 

Not unless you think someone in a dark suit would be interested in his BT vision udp packets.....   Smiley Very Happy

 

No seriously, good advice, always expose of peripherals with care.   Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
5,113 Views
Message 6 of 7

Re: Returning BT HomeHub

 


RogerB wrote:


Seeing that he's leaving the country DS, I don't think he'll be putting much at risk....   Smiley Very Happy

 


Although this is true I can imagine certain BT staff boarding a plane and tracking phorsman down so that they can get him/her to pay his/her BTBBT bill as the stored info relates to the BBT number and any contacts that he/she thought was only stored on the hub phone.Smiley Indifferent

 

 


Not unless you think someone in a dark suit would be interested in his BT vision udp packets.....   Smiley Very Happy

 


Dark suits with a BT Care logoSmiley Surprised

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Guru
5,109 Views
Message 7 of 7

Re: Returning BT HomeHub


DS wrote:

 


RogerB wrote:


Seeing that he's leaving the country DS, I don't think he'll be putting much at risk....   Smiley Very Happy

 


Although this is true I can imagine certain BT staff boarding a plane and tracking phorsman down so that they can get him/her to pay his/her BTBBT bill as the stored info relates to the BBT number and any contacts that he/she thought was only stored on the hub phone.Smiley Indifferent

 

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Nah..

 

2 things would stop them ....  the volcano dust cloud... and a lack of intelligent foresight  Smiley Very Happy