Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaydog69
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Returning a Hub?

Go to solution

Just been sent a replacement hub as my old one kept dropping connections. 

BT told me on chat that I can keep the old one, but there's a leaflet in the new box saying BT may charge me if I don't return the old one?

I've had the old one for about 14 months. Do I have to return the old one?

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Returning a Hub?

Go to solution

If you have had old hub for that long I would just hold on to it as I don't think you should get charged after fixed term 12 month contract finished

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Returning a Hub?

Go to solution

If it's a warranty replacement, then the T&Cs say that you must return the faulty one within 30 days or you may be charged. See http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/static/terms/post3rdjuly2016voiceandbroadband.html paragraph 16.

If you are in contract, then the Home Hub is considered in warranty, even if it's over 12 months old.

Given that the old one was on the blink anyway, I suggest it may be easier just to send the old one back, rather than having to argue about an unexpected bill down the line.

0 Ratings