Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
illysmilks
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Router Suddenly Stopped Working

Hello all,

I am looking for some asistance - Last night the router suddenly stopped working altogether after I had to unplug it twice to move some furniture.  

Ever since i unplugged it I can see a wireless signal on my phone/laptop but it simply will not connect. No amount of rebooting the box, turning it off, ensuring it is in the master socket etc will make the wireless start working again. I logged into the router and it is telling me everything is working fine however i simply cannot connect.

On top of this my wife has just spent 45 minutes speaking to someone in "Customer Support" only to be told that we do not have a contract with BT (We have BT Broadband, phone and TV ??!) and that we can simply change to another provider if we do not agree to now be passed to a paid for service to diagnose the problem.

My previous experience with technical support has been good, but this seems ridiculous to be told this information and I am genuinely disgusted with the tone and behaviour of this person.  The support person then put her mid sentence, through to contracts for us to sign a new contract with them (again - what?) And for us to arrange payment for a new router to be sent out at our cost.  

Can anyone assist with the wireless issue above? And if someone from BT would like to comment on the contractual situation/general behaviour of the staff i would welcome that also.  I am aware that my initial 12 month contract has finished but surely you still have a duty of care to ensure my services remain working while i continue to pay for them?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Router Suddenly Stopped Working

hi can you connect to the internet by using an ethernet cable ? also could you please post the hubs stats to see if any problems are showing
0 Ratings
illysmilks
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Ethernet cable not working, will do hub stats when i get in - The wife is in no mood any more after speaking to customer service...

Thanks - Will update soon

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

ok post when you can
0 Ratings
illysmilks
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Router started working again randomly, then again stopped as son as i turned off some (other) plugs at home.  Until this morning when it started again...?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Just keep an eye on it for a while and post back if needed
0 Ratings