cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
djstormman
Message 1 of 2

Rural broadband connection

Hello, I had a BT Engineer here around six weeks ago after our internet speed dropped to around 115 kbps. During this problem, I have always seen 2520kbps at the router in settings.We usually see a speed of around 1900kbps which we find is useable. After running tests, The engineer found he was receiving 2600kbps on his test machine, So he called BT technical line and got them to reset the b ras settings on our line and reset the profile. Our speed went from 115kbps to 2240kbps. The best the service has ever been. Now six weeks later, I still have 2520kbps at the router but the useable speed has dwindled down to 1200kbps. Does anyone know what is causing this ? The router hasn't been dropping out and i still see the good 2520kbps at the router. This is driving my daft. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Rural broadband connection

can you post stats from your router

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings