cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 27

Re: SNR Margin

did you contact the mods after their private message on 3/12 as that appears only way forward for you as stats are terrible

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 27

If there is noise present , and that has been ‘proved’ to the external network by using a known fault free phone and the master socket test port, then ( obviously) there is a fault that needs Openreach to rectify, if they have already visited and the fault returned ( or never went ) then they need to be told so they can return and devote more time/energy to it....there may well be an underlying issue that is causing a delay, for example , if a new cable is required, and road closures necessary for it to happen, and the local authority notice period is months , then unfortunately, you need to wait...if that’s the case , you would hope to be advised, if nothing else to stop you reporting the same thing many times..,as far as I know they can close the fault as a temporary repair if the ‘solution’ is in hand.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 27

Hi there
A BT engineer has been out today, and he thinks he found the issue and possibly solved it.

At the moment, the disconnects have stopped, no noise on the line and it's definitely more stable.

He's asked me to call BT to get "Interleaving" turned off and have the SNR be reset.

I cannot get through to them, been in a queue for an hour and had to hang up as I have other things to do.

Can this be sorted without calling?
--
https://warehamwx.co.uk/
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 27

can you post new stats similar to message 15 and can take it from there.  Normally on adsl connections the noise margin reduces automatically quicker than on fibre/vdsl

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 27

Screenshot 2020-12-11 141502.png

--
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 27

I got through to OpenReach yesterday afternoon.. they said interleaving would be turned off and the SNR reset. It would take around 2 - 3 hours were their words.

Nothing has changed here after 24 hours.

Grateful for the stable line, but the noise margins are impacting my speeds a lot.

--
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 27

Hi @Mapantz,

I'm sorry for the late reply. It's great to hear the engineer was able to help. Has there been any change with your SNR margin or interleaving?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings