Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greywolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

SNR needs resetting

Go to solution

Hi, could a mod please reset my SNR. I have called BT but always gets someone that has no idea what I am going on about.

I always turned off my modem/router when I was on cable and since moving house I only have ADSL available to me, I did not realize that keep turning off my modem would drop speeds as the line would think there is a problem with my connection.

Many thanks!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: SNR needs resetting

Go to solution

can you post stats from your router and also results from btspeedtester diagnostic test

your noise margin should automatically reduce back to normal 6db but if you have been switching off/on a lot especially in short space of time there may be a different problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

if a new customer with hh4 then go to hub manager 192.168.1.254 then troubleshooting the logs and you are looking for 2 lines when router conencted to internet showing connectio speed and noise margin

19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Greywolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Imjolly,

Thank you for taking the time to help, here is my router stats. The homehub3 router was not very good so I replaced it with the Netgear N600. I was getting 12 down and 1.1 up. I tried running the btspeedtester diagnostic test but got this error message "Sorry, but we've not been able to match all of your details"Router stats.jpg

0 Ratings
Greywolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Sorry for double post here is the other info:

Speedtest.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phone   

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thats ok. You need to show connection stable fir 3+days and mods will help by resetting noise margin back to 6db. So just repost statstomorrow there is always someone around to help

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Greywolf,

Welcome to the community forum. I'll be able to take a look at your connection. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings