cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Breezy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Serious Problems with internet connection staying up

I have run into problems with my connection staying up. Typing this message is a race against time before my connection will cut out. These past few days I have had my SNR on my Upload drop whenever I have a phone call knocking my line off. At night it will fluctuate until it disconnects. The starange thing is I see on my router it says that it is snyc'd and has internet but when I try and access from my computer windows will tell me I cannotdisplay a page.

My att (down/up) 27.5 9.3

SNR (down/Up)6.1 6.1

I a sync'd at 14695 / 1183

Its driving me up the wall. I have changed all my filters. I have tried updating firmware. I have tried 2 routers. It seems the same every time. The upload SNR I can watch drop from a pak of 7.2db to 0 db when a telephone call comes in.

Can some one please please please help me 😞

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Breezy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Serious Problems with internet connection staying up

I have also tried plugging into the test socket. I still have the same results. I didnt think this would change anything as I have a new open reach face plate installed by an engineer 2 years ago.
0 Ratings
Breezy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

router stats.jpg

0 Ratings
Breezy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

if my upstream could lower a bit maybe the noise margin would increase. so when a call comes in or at night the fluctuation might keep the linternet up. I am clutching at straws and am at the end of my tether. BT didnt supply me with a newhome hub when I renewed my contract and the old HH1 I had has disappeared. I just went and bought a cheap belkin to see if that helps, It will be the third router I have tried. I dont know what to do... I doubt if I phone BT saying there is a fault on my line anyone will come out and check it out.

0 Ratings