Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dj1891
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 58

Sick of rubbish speed

Go to solution

I moved to BT in Decemember, I had been on EE for about 5 years and if I am honest never have speeds below 4mb, I live a 5 min walk from the main exchange so I should have pretty decent speed.

On BT this 

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.35 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7.15 Mbps

Is quite regular, we had to give up using things like Now TV and iPlayer as they simply don't work on BT.

When I get up in the morning I will get 7mb speed, this will continue during the day when I am at work but between 5pm and 6pm when your at home and actually want to use the broadband its will start to slow to crawl, you get the same all weekend when your at home.  So what use is this service? Over congestion no doubt but what I can't understand is why EE never once gave me this problem using the same exchange and equipment?

Anyone any ideas? At the moment I am counting down the days until I can leave.

0 Ratings
57 REPLIES 57
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 58

Re: Sick of rubbish speed

Go to solution

looks like just the same problem you posted couple of months ago - congestion  Is there anything on the exchnage links I previously posted - something about VP red or amber?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dj1891
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 58

Go to solution

Nope nothing at all, no issues with the exchange.  The only recent development is it FTTC has been enabled but BT know nothing about it.

Superfast Fibre is in your area but we can't tell by your postcode/number if you can get it right now. Please contact your communications provider, who can check using your phone number 

0 Ratings
dj1891
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 58

Go to solution

I tell a lie there is actually a red light

Colour: RedBT have not advised a planned date for WBC on 21CN
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 58

Go to solution
Can you post back the results of this checker editing out your phone number

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
If it does not show a cabinet number it will be because you are on an Exchange Only line which will mean you can not get Infinity because you are not connected to a cabinet, instead you are connected directly to the exchange.
0 Ratings
dj1891
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 58

Go to solution

Untitled.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 58

Go to solution
was a cabinet number shown ?
0 Ratings
dj1891
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 58

Go to solution

No cabinet number, I am on EXCHANGE

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 58

Go to solution
that explains why you cannot get fibre at the moment
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 58

Go to solution

if you are direct to the exchnage then that explains why you cannot get FTTC - you need to wait until openreach install a cabinet outside your exchnage which is after the current rollout - could be a while

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings