Highlighted
rpdmallett
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Slow ADSL Upload - capped at 448?

Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks for checking.

There haven't been any random dropouts - but we've had a few power cuts recently due to an underground cable about 0.5 mile away giving in.  Obviously that drops the line for a few hours at a time.

So I guess I just have to wait for things to settle down?  Any idea how long that will take?

Thanks,

Richard

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

you need at least 3/5 days with stable connection  - no drops/resets/power cuts and if still low then post the 2 lines of stats from logs including date and maybe mods will help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
rpdmallett
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

HI,

Thanks for the comments - still got the same problem after re-booting just now:

09:59:23, 03 Jun.( 102.520000) DSL noise margin: 22.70 dB upstream, 3.00 dB downstream
09:59:22, 03 Jun.( 101.410000) DSL line rate: 444 Kbps upstream, 11284 Kbps downstream

Quite a low 3dB downstream, giving me a high data-rate - but it's the upstream data-rate boost that I need.

Thanks for any help on this.

Richard

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

see if mods can help get up speed improved  thye will post contact us link here 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 1/2 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @rpdmallett and thanks for posting.

I'll be able happy to check if there's any way to improve the upload connection for you. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderatos link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
rpdmallett
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

All sorted - many thanks!  Richard

04:07:10, 06 Jun.(111150.180000) DSL noise margin: 6.00 dB upstream, 3.10 dB downstream
04:07:09, 06 Jun.(111149.260000) DSL line rate: 1031 Kbps upstream, 10840 Kbps downstream
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

Looks better now

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution
Start your own thread and post the results for your telephone number from this checker http://www.dslchecker.bt.com
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings