Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 36

Re: Slow Broadband Connection

Go to solution

Hi DavidM,

Wonder if you could help me with an update. I got a confirmation e-mail which said someone would contact me within 48hrs and I have yet to hear anythiing and there has so far been no improvement in my service....thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 36

Go to solution

as I said in my post about contacting the mods it can take 3/5 working days for mods to get back to you either by email or phone.  I appreciate the auto reply said 48hrs but there are a lot of referrals.  just a matter of patience - when you email reaches top of inbox then you are next

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 23 of 36

Go to solution

Hi imjolly,

The replies I have got from the mods of late say 24hrs.  Maybe you could ask them to be more realistic such that people are not confused.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 36

Go to solution

The time for mods to reply varies depending on number of cases and referrals. The standard is about 3/5 working days sometimes sooner hence why we quote that.  If they come back quicker even better

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
dfenceman
Expert
Message 25 of 36

Go to solution

Hi imjolly,

I don't think you got the jist of what I was saying.  It is the mods that should be more realistic not you CL's.  The mods say 24 hours.

Best regards,
dfenceman
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 36

Go to solution

I think the newer auto reply says 48hrs

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 27 of 36

Go to solution

Hi imjolly,

I would send you an edited copy of the email I got from the mods but I cannot get into my email right now, my username and password don't seem to register and they get blanked out.

That's still less than the 3-5 days you and the other CL's quote.  So exactly what I am trying to say - the mods should perhaps be more realistic.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 36

Go to solution

I agree. But I will continue with what appears to be at the moment  the best estimate of 3/5 working days

0 Ratings
Tim42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 36

Go to solution

Right, just so people know, the mod rang me personally on Monday evening. Maybe due to my prompting on here, or maybe not. Still considering the number of people that probably have problems thats good giong. In reference to the discussion over the actual confirmation letter, maybe they should change it to 'within 5 working days' rather than 24/ 48hrs.

I appreciate the advice you have given imjolly but you do come across on this forum as a little superior when all anyone is looking for is a bit of advise and help.

Back to my problem....slow speed.

Patrick rang me (thanks Patrick) and I am expecting another call tonight.

I have plugged my router into the test socket and the results are in -

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 1.29 Mbps

0 Mbps2 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.29 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.8 Mbps-2 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 1.66 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.63 Mbps

0 Mbps0.83 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.63Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

These speeds are outside peek hours, taken this morning at 9.00am

So, hope this helps if you read this Patrick.

Speak to you later

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 36

Go to solution

your profile is very low bearing in mind the 2 lines of stats you posted earlier

any chance you can post the last 2 lines of stats from logs/WAN please

0 Ratings