cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Slow Broadband in Evening

Hi @brianw1,

How are things with your connection, did you manage to get the service repaired.

If not, post back and I'd be happy to take a look at your connection.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
brianw1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Hi

Thanks for that. Finally somebody from BT agreed that there was a fault on the line (after 3 weeks of calling). They have reset my connection back to the cabinet and are going to call back in a couple of days. Perhaps not at full speed but I can now access pages without waiting15+ seconds. Will wait & see how it goes

Thanks

Brian

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Hi @brianw1,

Thanks for posting back. I'm glad the fault has been identified.

Please let us know how you get on in a few days. 

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
brianw1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Hi thanks for that

The short answer is no. The longer one is - Finally got an engineer booked for Thur morning and took the morning of work, but apparently he was a phantom engineer & never appeared & was never booked despite both my wife & myself speaking to "help". Phoned complaints and got to speak to someone who apologised and booked an engineer for this morning. Got no text confirmation so I thought I'd double check - lo & behold there was no engineer booked (they thought it could have been double booked so didnt get booked or there were no slots available at that time!) Spent and hour on phone while she contacted engineers direct & booked me in for Monday. Asked if I would definitely get a text/email confirmation - yes & complaint had been escalated and I would get a personal contact to guide me through this because it wasnt good enough. 3 hours later no confirmation so on to complaints again and someone a bit more helpful sent me a text while I was on the phone and sent one to my wife, so confirmed for Monday I hope. All my faults are visible on my account, but I cant get into them and someone keeps closing them. As yet I have had no email confirmation of anything other than my initial complaint. Still waiting for this personal contact number (not holding my breath). Currently broadband is either

1. Slower than bad dial up on a busy day when America used to wake up or
  2. Orange flashing
  3. No broadband light at all (this has lasted days or hours)

Service is at best pathetic & to be honest I'm losing the plot with all this

Cheers

Brian

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

I can have this looked into for you @brianw1. We can check to see who is dealing with the complaint and then ask that they get in touch with you. To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
brianw1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Thank you, will try that. Dont know how successful this will be as it's taken me 10 min to access this page when broadband came on. Finally got some email confirmations from the last lady I spole to

Cheers Brian

Tags (1)
0 Ratings