cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newpersn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

Slow Broadband.

Just moved to BT from TalkTalk, and i noticed my speed is only at 8mb. When i was with TalkTalk i had a connection of 13/14MB.

Is there any reason why BT have limited my speed to this?

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: Slow Broadband.

Can you enter your phone number and post results. Remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

You are on adslmax but you previously  were on an LLU connection 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
newpersn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 26

Broadband.png

Attached, Whats the differnce between to the 2?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 26

Fixed rate line will only give 2mb but adslmax will give connection up to 8mb. That is why your connection speed is only 8mb as that is as fast as you can get from your exchange

Your previously were on LLU connection which is equivalent to adsl2/adsl2+ but your exchange has not been upgraded to provide the faster connection. You are getting as fast as you can get

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
newpersn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 26

Sounds like i should of stayed with Talktalk, 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 26

There is nothing your ISP BT Retail can do to get you any faster speed

0 Ratings
newpersn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 26

Bit annoying honestly. Brand new housing estate and we can only get ADSL broadband 😞

Also limited to who we can go with.. 😞
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 26

There is nothing more BT can do. Was there no LLU providers on your exchange?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 26

Why is BT not LLU, imjolly?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 26

Openreach have not upgraded exchange to 21CN but another ISP can put their own equipment in the exchange and provide LLU connections. There is nothing BT Retail can do about it

0 Ratings