cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
460 Views
Message 41 of 53

Re: Slow Internet *inside home*

Go to solution
it depends on what the other complaints were however some could be faulty hubs we will never know
0 Ratings
Reply
MCG65
Aspiring Contributor
452 Views
Message 42 of 53

Re: Slow Internet *inside home*

Go to solution

@john46 wrote:
it depends on what the other complaints were however some could be faulty hubs we will never know

Well, if any of the half dozen people on our exchange who are getting new hubs actually do have a faulty one, then they're in for a bit of a letdown when they plug in their new one, I must say!

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
446 Views
Message 43 of 53

Re: Slow Internet *inside home*

Go to solution
most exchanges have multiple virtual paths so not every user is affected
0 Ratings
Reply
michava
Newbie
432 Views
Message 44 of 53

Re: Slow Internet *inside home*

Go to solution

Hello V Glancy

I think I know you I am in the same village and have been having exactly the same problems started exactly the same time.  Tearing my hair out with BT too.  I have an engineer booked to come 4th May but obviously from what I read that too is another waste of time.  I am wondering how locally we can apply some pressure on them to upgrade?  As it is a nightmare!  I was looking through the forum and saw the name and wondered if it was the one from S....Y.

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
425 Views
Message 45 of 53

Re: Slow Internet *inside home*

Go to solution
you cannot pressure BT Wholesale they do not deal with the public only service providers posting the further diagnostic section of the BT Wholesale speedtest is the way to get the VP upgrade carried out but this will only happen once you are below the minimum acceptable level by Wholesale
0 Ratings
Reply
Highlighted
peterharley
Aspiring Contributor
422 Views
Message 46 of 53

Re: Slow Internet *inside home*

Go to solution

BTW Performance Test - further diagnostics

 

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.7 Mbps-8.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.48 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 8.15 Mbps

 

 

* Home Hub 2 *

All this modern technology just makes people try to do everything at once
0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
417 Views
Message 47 of 53

Re: Slow Internet *inside home*

Go to solution

@peterharley wrote:

BTW Performance Test - further diagnostics

 

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.7 Mbps-8.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.48 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 8.15 Mbps

 

 

* Home Hub 2 *


should the profile be 7.15mb which would be consistent with the conenction speed and max for adslmax conenctions



If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Reply
v_glancy
Contributor
406 Views
Message 48 of 53

Re: Slow Internet *inside home*

Go to solution

@michava wrote:

Hello V Glancy

I think I know you I am in the same village and have been having exactly the same problems started exactly the same time.  Tearing my hair out with BT too.  I have an engineer booked to come 4th May but obviously from what I read that too is another waste of time.  I am wondering how locally we can apply some pressure on them to upgrade?  As it is a nightmare!  I was looking through the forum and saw the name and wondered if it was the one from S....Y.


Hello!!

 

Yes we are indeed in the village of S_____y! I'm actually posting on behalf of V Glancy...!

 

Anyhow, I must tell you what happened in the end.

 

BT Retail - after daily calls - eventually managed to get BT Wholesale to actually get off their backsides and reply to them and told us that the slow speed was down to a "Hot VP" at the local exchange, and said that it would be fixed on Tuesday 13th May.

 

On that day BT phoned back and asked us if we could run the Wholesale Speedtest. However, when I went to do so I discovered that I could get no broadband connection whatsoever.

 

To cut a long story short we have had no broadband connection whatsoever since that day despite the usual (futile) efforts of the usual BT Call Centre drones and idiots and have no idea at all when it will be restored. I just hope they give us some recompense for all the weeks with slow service or no service at all.

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
396 Views
Message 49 of 53

Re: Slow Internet *inside home*

Go to solution

are you still without a service?



If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Reply
v_glancy
Contributor
393 Views
Message 50 of 53

Re: Slow Internet *inside home*

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:

are you still without a service?


As of the time of writing, yes. An engineer visit has been promised at an indeterminate time.

 

 

0 Ratings
Reply