cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

Slow Internet speeds/Noise on phoneline.

I had this problem earlier on in the year which finally got resolved with an engineer coming out. A couple of months later, we had phone problems where we weren't able to dial or answer incoming calls, this was then fixed by another engineer coming out but the fix that was implemented seems to be a quick fix as we're back to square one.

After the first fix, the internet was running at 8.7mb which we were fine with as it was fine to browse the internet and play games fine, but now it's dropped down to 1mb and it's really horrible as nothing can really be streamed.

There is a fix for it as it was done the first time, can this be passed onto the mods? Thanks.

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: Slow Internet speeds/Noise on phoneline.

Welcome to this customer to customer forum.

To enable forum members to help you, please could you look at Helping forum members to help you which asks you to do a few checks first, and has some helpful hints.
When you have done that, please post the results here, so members can offer advice. Thank you.

You will have to follow this first before it can be escalated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jonneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 26

btspeedtest.jpg

STATS.jpg

Here are the details needed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 26

Try this first.

Disconnect the ADSL input to the home hub for 20 seconds, then reconnect it and see if the connection speed increases.

If it does, then your IP profile should rise within a couple of days.

If not, then leave it connected for about 5 days without interruption, then try the same thing again.

There is plenty of spare noise margin, so the connection speed should recover quite quickly.

0 Ratings
jonneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 26

This is a major bump of an old thread I know but the same problem has re-occured again, the internet is running stupidly slow yet again and it's just getting ridiculous now, 3 times we've had an engineer out to come and fix it and still hasn't worked. I've done all the following from the links above aswell, here are the results:

btadsl.jpg

btspeedtest.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 26

yes your noise margin has risen again implying your connection has been dropping again have you tried reconnecting to the test socket to start with to eliminate any internal wiring problems
0 Ratings
jonneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 26

Yes i've done everything I can do as i've followed those instructions that were posted previously. This really needs to get sorted as we're paying for something we're not getting and it hasn't been fixed after previous attempts with engineers. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 26

are you currently connected to the test socket?  can you post the errors which are missing from your stats - may have to 'show detail'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jonneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 26

Yes I am:

dslerrors.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 26

if you are connected to the test socket, there is no noise when doing the quiet line test and you have 6+ days connection then I would contact the mods and ask them to reset your noise margin back to 6db

contact mods

can take up to 3 working days for mods to contact you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings