cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 26

Re: Slow Internet speeds/Noise on phoneline.

Is there any noise on the line when you do the quiet line test
0 Ratings
jonneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 26

I've contacted the mods to carry out a reset, I hope this problem is resolved asap.

0 Ratings
jonneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 26

Bumping this thread again as the same problems has occured once again and it's getting ridiculous. We have had engineers out before and still no permanent fix. The internet speed has dropped from a solid 8/9mb back to down 1mb and another reset needs to be carried out. 

btspeedtest.jpg

btdetails.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 26

your download/throughput is low due to the large number of crc errors.  you missed off the rest of error stats but I expect large numbers of hec errors and error seconds.  this is normally due to noise on your line.

have you tried quiet line test to see if line ok?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jonneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 26

Yeah I have and it seems fine, this problem is just really frustrating when you're trying to finish a degree. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 26

check this post for possible causes of interference 
http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397

are you still connected to the test socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
jonneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 26

Yeah I've checked that thread already, nothing is near the router to cause any interference. Yes I am connected to the test socket, I've carried out all the steps as i've done it each time this problem has occured. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 26

have you checked your stats at night say 8/9pm and if so did you see how low your noise margin dropped?  I think your line cannot handle the lower noise margin of 3db and needs to be set at 6db - I think Keith suggest this at the very start of this thread.

if noise margin is dropping low <2db when you check then a reset (only 1) may increase the margin to nearer 6db and that will help your throughput - your conenction speed may drop slightly if noise margin increases

0 Ratings
jonneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 26

I'll check that later tonight, if it needs to be set that at to stop the connection dropping, is that something BT set it as or do I do that? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 26

You can increase the noise margin by resetting but to many and you can end up in banded profile.  if you cannot get noise margin to increase then you can ask for it to be reset to 6 or even 9db but it's not fixed so the system will in time automatically start to reduce it and probably back to 3db

0 Ratings