cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jonneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 26

Re: Slow Internet speeds/Noise on phoneline.

Yeah everytime its been reset previously, it slowly deteriorates and the connection gets worse over time. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 26

many connection benefit from running with 3db but some others like yours find that it is to low and it increases the errors resulting in slow throughput

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 26

although if you increase the noise margin to 9 dB will reduce the connection speed I would suggest getting it reset to 9dB as it will give the MSAN a little more training history which may help in not reducing below 6dB
0 Ratings
jonneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 26

So what would you recommend I do to get BT to fix this?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 26

I would contact mods and ask for the noise margin to be reset to 9db as john46 suggested and this should help reduce the errors and improve download.  remember the increase in noise margin will reduce your connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jonneh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 26

Yeah I've messaged then, i'd rather have a stable connection and sacrifice a bit of speed. This problem has been going on for nearly a year.

0 Ratings