Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monkeybill
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Slow download speed

Hi 

I have posted in past and had great support from members and moderators and have an issue where I need help!

Normally get around 14MB down and 1MB up.  It has been less than 1MB down and 1MB up all day and houses around me do not seem to be having same problem.  Turned everything off and just run rebooted computer alongside modem and checked all settings but no difference.

Ping latency seems fine most of the time but noticed on a couple of tests that it was erratic.

Screen shots attached of BT Speedtester feedback;

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris

Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 00.01.57.png

Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 00.59.43.png

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Slow download speed

Can you please post your hubs ADSL stats
monkeybill
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Hi John

Afraid I don't have a BT hub. Speed seems back to normal this morning so will recheck tonight and post again.

Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate it. You were a great help last time I posted.

Will post later.

Chris
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Then if you can post the stats from your router we can help further
0 Ratings
monkeybill
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Hi So this morning everything back to normal and getting 14Mbps down and 1Mbps up comfortably.  Tested again at lunch time and same.  This evening, as has happened in the past with previous time I went on to forum last year, I am really losing down speed in the evening.  Attached are speedtests from this evening.

I use a Draytek model and Apple Airport Extreme wireless router and not sure what stas to post from the router as can only really see sign in details and IP address etc.

I am thinking this may be an exchange issue when where buckling during busy period?  Can BT check this?  I am hesitant to unplug the Draytek and relaunch as worried this will upset the tolerance of the line, make the system think there is an error and start to limit the down speeds as happened last time I thought it was just the modem router - hence why I have gone to separate modem and router.

All a little bizarre.

Thanks for any help.

Chris

Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 21.46.05.pngScreen Shot 2014-08-29 at 21.47.44.png

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

You need the mods help as you are below acceptable speed. They will post their link here tomorrow
monkeybill
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 8 of 9

Hi monkeybill,

Thanks for posting. 

Can you send me over your details and I will look into this. Click on my username and under the "about me" section you will the link to get in touch with us.  Whenever we receive your details we will go from there. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
monkeybill
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Hi OlgaC 

Will send over details over next day if okay as away at the moment.

Many thanks for getting in touch and for any help you can give.

Chris

0 Ratings