cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 167

Re: Slow loading webpages

I don't see any response from BT acknowledging the issue, nor do I see anyone saying they spoke to BT and they had done so. So where is the public announcement from BT saying they're on it?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 167

one of the posts - you can use search - has a response saying there is an acknowledgement of the problem on twitter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 167

I searched for the word Twitter on this forum and sorted by date, the only post that comes up recently is yours saying that someone has posted about it.

I'll go see if I can find it on their twitter feed. Is this @BTCare or?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 167

yes that is correct
0 Ratings
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 167

No public announcements from @BTCare this weekend. Last one was friday saying a problem had been resolved.

The only thing they posted today is in regards to BT Mail.

So BT haven't in any way publicly acknowledged this fault as far as I can see, nor is it on their known faults page.

https://twitter.com/BTCare
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 16 of 167

Hi everyone, 

I need a few details to be able to look into this for you. 

Click on my username and under the "about me" section you will the link to get in touch with us.  Whenever we receive your details we will go from there. 

Cheers,

OlgaC

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 167

I have done this.

Very frustrating now as it's been going on all weekend rendering the internet useless. Just got my first bill through as well to sour the mood a little further.
0 Ratings
HHGTTG
Expert
Message 18 of 167

BT DNS issues reported this weekend

I have seen this by Googling "BT DNS issues" as is from Product-review.net.

This article is a quick update to the BT DNS issues being reported again this weekend, which follow broadband DNS problems a couple of weeks ago leaving server not responding messages. It seems these returned yesterday, and continue today with forums, games, and the likes of Facebook slowing up.

Users report sites going fast one moment then slowing up the next with what some people describe as, “lagging”. Previously, we heard from some of our readers that changed their BT DNS settings to Google’s and found success, while others didn’t want to mess around with anything and cause other problems.

This forum thread started within the last 24 hours also confirms the problems, which most explain their browser is trying to resolve the host frequently without success. We’ve heard about broadband dropping connection in Ayrshire, Scotland, to BT Infinity problems in the Woolston area and even Deal in Kent.

Are you getting BT DNS issues again today? Will your page load one time, then the next it doesn’t or images fail to appear?

Other problems being sent to us include not being able to log in to email, or the Internet down intermittently across the UK. He’s two more comments sent to Product Reviews by email, “DNS problems in London from Saturday afternoon and still not working”. Another added, “Infinity speed down to 0.49mb on Sunday, July 13th”.

0 Ratings
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 167

It would just be nice for BT to publicly acknowledge they're having issues. Everyone else knows so why sit on it.
0 Ratings
Brandscill
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 167

Getting worse as the day goes on, barely useable now.
0 Ratings