cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmk24
Contributor
Message 31 of 58

Re: Slow peak speeds :(

even though its only through the BTW tesing pages I am able to get these speeds and response?

otherwise I am stuck with pings ranging from 20-300ms and I have just attempted to download a 20mb test file at 60kbs while looking at netlimiter when its doing the BTW tests it gets 20ms and 500kbs (at peak)?

I just have a hunch the BTW test pages get priority to look better and avoid complaint.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 58

wholesale only accept their own btspeedtester results that was why at ouset I was hoping that the btspeedtester results at peak time were going to show download speeds below the threshold.  the mods may pick tghis up but from previous posts wholesale would not help even for the mods - but you never know

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pmk24
Contributor
Message 33 of 58

I do appreciate the help (well questions so far) folks and if i come across as being a little brash its nothing personal just wanting to be able to enjoy the connection i pay for to play some games after a long dat at work.

Hope you all understand!

Paul

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 58

fully under stood as imjolly posted this problem has come up before and has not been resolved until the speed drops below the threshold
0 Ratings
pmk24
Contributor
Message 35 of 58

Hi folks!

Just an update here that things have not got any better, but worse.

High latency and unable to even watch youtube or iPlayer or even the free BT sport its not right when I have checked with neigbours and they are having no speed issues to note 😞 the BTW tester says i should be getting 5mb but if thats the case then why is my connection only getting 20-30kb/s throughput and at best 60-100 at some hours?

Please help!

Paul

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 58

Need to post stats again and btspeedtester diagnostic results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pmk24
Contributor
Message 37 of 58

i think im just going to go in a corner and cry as i have just gone to the speed checker to grab a screen and the speed is fine again and at 15mb and pinging places fine!

however looking about the bt website i have found this that made me concerned

what.png

How can my usage from 1st aug to 8th of aug be 14gb when my router only has 1.4gb in 14 days?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 58

There are posts about hub resetting data counter when it gets to a certain level but cant find the psts just now

Typical stats look ok jut now lol

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 58

i have seen this myself it seems to happen at around 5gb
0 Ratings
pmk24
Contributor
Message 40 of 58

0908.png0908 1.png

0 Ratings