Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 58

Re: Slow peak speeds :(

Same as before with download speed above the acceptable level

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pmk24
Contributor
Message 42 of 58

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 58

Wholesale will only accept figures from their own btspeedtester. Still looks like congestion

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pmk24
Contributor
Message 44 of 58

I dont know how else to explain the issue then, if you brought a car and it only traveled at 20mph when its engine has is tested at 120mph is the closest i can say. I am not getting the speed advertised from the BTW website and no matter how many more screen shots i take will not change that.

0 Ratings
pmk24
Contributor
Message 45 of 58

if its congestion would my neighbour have the issue?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 58

Congestion would normally affect the exchange and wholesale do upgrade the exchanges

0 Ratings
pmk24
Contributor
Message 47 of 58

As a BT customer would it be possible that an admin would give 5 minutes of their time to discuss with me that issue that I am having? I dont mind ringing them or discussing via email or a webchat.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 58

You could always try bt care on twitter

This is the kitz pae about exchange congestion. http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/slowspeeds.htm

0 Ratings
SgtAMYNTAS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 58

I know this Sounds Stupid but Do Not Connect to the GigE Port Ethernet on the Bt Hub 4. You may Have a Firm ware or Bios Problem with your Computer Like Mine that shows "In-Accurate Results" Always Connect Via Port 1 or 2 With a Standard Cat5 Cable Supplied with BT or Just use the Wireless that Gives the Best Test Results "My Opinion".

MSDN Developer, Nokia Developer, Xbox Ambassador XB-8, Network & Diagnostic Tester/ Coder IPX/ISO Moderator.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 58

really be surprised if changing router port will help your exchange congestion

0 Ratings