Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoJoH2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Slow upload after switching back to adsl

Go to solution

Hello

Recently bt’s avalibilty checker updated and said vdsl was now avalible in our area but after switching over and having a engineer check everything we had the bad news it would be slower then our old broadband as it was so far away from the cabinet so we switched back.

but our old problem that this forum helped us with previously is back.

link: https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/Switch-From-ADSL-G-to-ADSL-2/td-p/1762847

last time after talking to NeilO on the phone I was told the upload was capped for some reason, and after uncapping a few hours later it went up from 0.40mbps to 0.80mbps. I assume after switching from adsl and back it got re capped.

So i’m asking if it can be undone again as this connection is the best we have avalible for the time being.

My router stats:   Up      Down
Current Rate(kbps) 448 5792
Max Rate(kbps) 448 6268
SNR Margin(dB) 22 7.2
Line Attenuation(dB) 29 48
Errors(pkts)   0 3

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Slow upload after switching back to adsl

Go to solution

is the up rate 440 or 448?

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/Broadband-Top-Tips-to-get-help-on-the-for...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JoJoH2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Untitled.jpgthe further test keeps saying this: Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

and yes it is 448, when i was on my phone i couldent attach a screenshot

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

so what has happened is you are back on adslmax not adsl2 hence the 448kbps up connection speed   see if mods can help you move yo adsl2  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
JoJoH2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Ok, thanks for the info

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@JoJoH2 Sorry about this. Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

JoJoH2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

thats ok, i had a feeling this may happen after switching back.

I have filled it out

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi JoJoH2

Thanks for taking my call today. As advised I've requested to get your upload increased this normally takes 24 hours.

I'll call back tomorrow to see if this has taken effect.

Stuart

JoJoH2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

A69973A3-61B5-4B62-B7FD-118CF1357AB1.pngLess then 5 minutes after you called the upload went back to the higher speed.

thanks again!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @JoJoH2

Really glad to see the change took effect so fast and fixed the issue. 

I'll close the case as solved should you need help again, post back and I'll be happy to help.

Cheers

Stuart