Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 18

Re: Smart TV uses up all bandwidth even without wireless key

@johnstod wrote:

Hi Keith,

What errors would this show up as or owuld it be all crc errors?

Cheers

I will move this over to the ADSL speed and connections board.

Meanwhile, if you could look at the following page, and provide the information requested.

To enable forum members to help you, please could you look at Helping forum members to help you which asks you to do a few checks first, and has some helpful hints.
When you have done that, please post the results here, so members can offer advice. Thank you.

If you could take a set of readings before the TV is turned on, and another after the TV is turned on, so we can see if there has been a large increase in CRC errors.

There are plenty of people on this board, who should be able to help you prove it, one way or another, if I am not available (Looking after three grandchildren at the moment)Smiley Wink

johnstod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Have figured it out i think Smiley Very Happy

THe wire from my sattalite runs through the wall at the same point as the internet wire(before the box on the wall).  It is only the tiniest crossover but must be enough to cause interference.

Time to get the drill out.

Thanks for your help both.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 18

Glad you've found the problem. Must be poor shielding on the Sat cable.

johnstod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 18

Well moving the cable further away didnt work too much has increaded the dl speed to about 1.8mbits but am still getting low readings from everywhere Smiley Sad

Any help guys?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

unless you have a hh4 can you post the adsl stats from the hub and run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Reed_Richards
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 18

Could it be a faulty switched-mode power supply on the TV?  I suggest in the first instance you run the tests with the TV unplugged from the mains.

0 Ratings
Yorvik0975
Message 17 of 18

Hi

I have been having the same problem and appear to have solved it by turning off my wireless speakers which were connected to my LG Smart TV.  I have not had a problem with my internet connection since doing this.  Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 18

useful information but you are posting on a 3 year old post
0 Ratings