Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
OpenFerret
Message 1 of 4

Some advice on future ADSL Line!

Hi all,

I'm having an engineer visit me soon to have me hooked up with a phone line for BT Internet.  The area I live in doesn't allow fibre connections just yet, so this is just going to be an ADSL connection.

I have a WRT1900AC which I want to use as my Wireless Router, I also have a DreyTek Vigor 130 on the way to act as the modem, this supports both ADSL as well as VDSL which I hope means that when fibre becomes availiable I wont need to buy any more kit.

Does anyone else run with this setup, or a similar setup please?  Did you have any issues and how did you overcome them?

I've been told that I should run with the BT HH5 for a few days first and allow the line to settle down before pluggin in my own kit.  Is that also the case?

Many thanks all!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Some advice on future ADSL Line!

It will be a hh4 not hh5. I think using the hub for the intial week to get line settled then switching to your modem with separate router would be a good idea

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
OpenFerret
Message 3 of 4

In which case, can I just further check does the BT HH4 come with a seperate ADSL2+ Modem?  Do I even need the DrayTek Vigor 130 at all, or can I just connect my own Wireless Router directly into the Modem which the Engineer should supply?

Many thanks!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

the HH4 is a mdem router and just plug and play when conenction live

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.