cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 12

Some sort of Internet speed would be great

Hi,

I am at the end of the line regarding my quest to obtain some sort of useable internet connection. Okay so my story is a long one but hopefully someone on here can help me finally get some light at the end of the tunnel.

I moved home in early 2015 to a relatively rural area. At the time the speed checker on the BT website said I could achieve speeds of 512kb. I ordered because it was my only option, after install it turned out that my line was pretty much incapable of ANY connection. I was told by BT that Infinity was coming very soon. So I waited.

Around 6 months later the street (few miles in length) that my cul de sac is connected to was given the green light. Speeds of 40mb download were available. I was excited as surely it was now only a matter of time. Unfortunately the website didnt update and still hasnt up to today. 

I have tried over and over to get some solid information from BT but they blame Openreach. All I want is some internet access. 

Please Help!!!

Thanks,

IH

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Some sort of Internet speed would be great

Can you run this checker http://www.dslchecker.bt.com for your number and post up a screenshot please?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Message 3 of 12

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I have run the checker using my postcode as I have no landline. Please see attched

BT.PNG

Many Thanks again,

IH

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

How come you don't have a phone line at all?

Can you use the address checker as opposed to the postcode checker.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Have you contacted superfast wales? It looks like the cabinet you're connected to already has FTTC however you may be too far from the cabinet.

The Openreach site does say that addresses in your postcode are "in a plan to get Superfast fibre but we haven't started work yet".

It could be that you're down for FTTP, Quite a lot rural Wales is seeing FTTP at the moment.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

as the postcode checker states results for fibre services will not shown the address and phone checks are the only ones you can use and the phone number check is the most accurate
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

@Webby

HI Webby it is a Northern Ireland postcode (:

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

No idea why I thought it was Wales haha!

It may be FTTrN you see then, it has cropped up a little in some areas of Norther Ireland.
Highlighted
Message 9 of 12

Hi All, 

Thanks for your replies so I have a BT line but I had my account cancelled shortly after it was installed because the connection speed was so low. This is the reason for not having a landline number.

Here is the result for my full address. The houses in the streets surrounding me all have BT Infinity, they seem to be connecting to cabinet 42 whereas I am connected to cabinet 35. 42 is much much closer to my house.

BT2.PNG

Again Thanks for all your replies

IH

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

please edit out your address this is a public forum viewable world wide