Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zippee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Speed Halved??????????

Hi,

My broadband speed has halved. I noticed the drop in speed four days ago. I did ONE, I repeat ONE, router reset and have waited four days for the line/connection to stabilize. My router and equipment are in tip top shape. Here are the test results.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 3.05 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7.15 Mbps

DSP Firmware VersionA2pB025f.d22k
DMT StatusNo Defect

Upstream448
Downstream8128
SNR Margin(Upstream)22.0
SNR Margin(Downstream)10.9
Line Attenuation(Upstream)19.5
Line Attenuation(Downstream)32.0

As you can see under half of what I should be getting. I've checked to see if there any problems at my exchange and no problems reported. I've done the test at peak time and quite time (2am) and the same results.

I do a lot of online gaming and apparently latency needs to set to fast for best results?? if that can be done then even better.

Any chance a mod can weave their magic or can anybody tell me how to contact a mod to sort this out because I'm hoping to avoid phoning somebody in India who's reading from a troubleshooting script.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Speed Halved??????????

Can you post any stats from your router?  Still bilion?

and you get same results at offpeak using a wired connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Zippee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the reply. Edited op to include router stats. Only about 0.5 more at best off peak.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

This is not like last time which was due to a low profile. Your profile is correct this time

did you try quiet line test to see if any line noise

Have you stats that show you are on interleaved and not fast?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Zippee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Just done a quiet line test and no problems. What is the difference in interleaved & fast, is it ok to have it at fast?

Thanks Imjolly, you're a star man
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

The explains. http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/interleaving.htm

Fast is the preferred settin for gamers but it can make line less stable but from stats you have posted your conenction looks ok

have you tried routerstats and then telnet into router and you will get more stats information including if interleaved or fast

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

This was a recent post with same 7800n and tried routerstats https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/Ping-Extremely-erratic-between-certain-hours...

Zippee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

How do I go about getting my connection switched from Interleaved to Fast???
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

The mods would help but at present there is nothing to show you are currently on interleaved hence why I suggested routerstats and posted the linkof another customer with same router who tried routerstats

0 Ratings