cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jim_h
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Speed Low on Rural Broadband

Terrible speed just now on our broadband connection.

I know we live in a rural area several Km from the exchange but something has changed recently and the usual slow speed has become even worse.

Usually the router reports the speed just above 2000kbs but recently very unstable and down to 1376kbs
It's now very difficult to do anything on the internet.
No hardware changes in the past few months, router rebooted and basic wiring checks completed.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Speed Low on Rural Broadband

can you post stats from your router please

have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves the connection

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jim_h
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Yes, tried going into the master socket which didn't make any difference.

Just done the quiet line test now which sounds OK to my ear, no obvious noise.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

did you actually try the test socket which is behind the detachable bottom section of master

can you post any hub stats?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jim_h
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Had an interesting call this morning from "Adam" claiming to be from BT technical support.

He told me that 15 different people were using my line illegally and that he would show me how to fix the problem and block them.

He couldn't give me my account number or any other personal details but claimed that this was because he was from technical support.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

scam and not a very convincing one - 15 people using your line illegally!!!!!

0 Ratings