Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rose59
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Speed crashed

Go to solution

Just under two weeks ago our broadband speeds crashed through the floor. I have been having regular conversations with BT Customer Care via Twitter but they just maintain that there are no faults their end and that we are getting stable speeds within the expected range to our hub. In the 3 years since we've been with BT we've been getting download speeds of around 3-5Mbps. It's currently under 1Mbps although we still appear to be getting 3-4 via ethernet so the problem seems to be a sudden wireless interference ? It's our upload speeds which are the real problem - even BT's own speed test, done via an ethernet connection yesterday, only reported an upload speed of 0.03Mbps !!  I can't even attach a PDF to an email. I have done all the checks, tweaks, channel changes etc suggested by BT, all to no avail and BT just keep saying we're getting what is agreed in our contract and they don't guarantee upload speeds. So I still have no idea what has caused the situation or how to put it right...

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Speed crashed

Go to solution

Hi @rose59 

Welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your connection. Would you be able to post a screenshot of your router stats and I will be happy to have a look into this for you.

Community ModeratorMatt
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
rose59
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

I can't post a screenshot as I'm unable to upload anything at the moment. The result of the performance test done yesterday via ethernet was:

Download speed (Mbps): 4.80

Upload speed (Mbps) : 0.03

Ping latency (ms): 37706

Not sure if this is what you need ?  I had to borrow an adaptor in order to connect the ethernet cable but I have now ordered one for myself which should arrive on Friday. 

Thanks for your help - I have already had to resort to sending files on a flashdrive via Royal Mail because I can't even attach anything to an email !

Rose

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @rose59 

That sounds like a nightmare, you shouldn't have to resort to sending files via USB. 

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks

Matt

Community ModeratorMatt
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Have you tried a factory reset of hub by pressing recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until lights flash

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@rose59 thanks for taking my call.

I have reset your broadband profile as there doesn't look to be any underlying issues with the broadband or the phone line. It may take a few days for the line to stabilise.

An updated hub has also been popped in the post as you have had the current one a fair few years. Please don't connect this hub just yet.

Any questions let me know?

Look forward to speaking to you early next week.

Matt

Community ModeratorMatt
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
rose59
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for your assistance Matt - I have noticed the difference already and have managed to send some documents via email at last ! One question... I split our SSIDs and turned off smart wireless to select channels manually... can I go back to the default settings now ?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Happy to help @rose59 .

I wouldn't make any changes to the hub settings at the moment. Once we have confirmed the connection to be stable we can connect the new hub which will have been set up with default settings from the factory.

Matt

Community ModeratorMatt
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
rose59
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

OK thanks 🙂 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for taking my call this morning @rose59 

I'm glad that we have been able to fix the slow upload issue by resetting the broadband profile. I very much hope that you don't have any issues in the future but if you do please let us know here on the Community.

Matt

Community ModeratorMatt
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings