Speedtester down

Site not available today.  Any reason?

Alan
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Speedtester down

Hi Alanrf,

Thanks for raising. I've noticed that myself. It looks like a fault. Can you check this tester ?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Alanrf
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

That link has no point if you are not using a BT Hub.

I suspect that there are many BT Broadband users who make use of third party routers for reliability and flexibility.

Meanwhile the original speed tester still fails to load.

Alan
0 Ratings
DigitalDave
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

It is still down today.

I had a problem yesterday uploading a large folder to WeTransfer. My Infinity was reporting with my alternative Speedtester that whilst my DL was as expected my upload was 40% down.

The alternative link only provides DL speed. My problem was fixed by a shutdown of everything for 10 mins but was surprised that BT wholesale Speedtester is still down 36 hours on.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

The BT Whole sale speed test is now an HTTPS site and not a HTTP site so if you are using a saved favourite/shortcut you need to update it.

https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

DigitalDave
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

So simple.
0 Ratings
Rotarua674
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for this link to the BT speed tester.  Surprisingly it gives results for download speed but not for upload speed which can be equally important!  I don't think I missed anything as it just showed - after a fair delay for a speed test - a download speed an uno options to see anything else in terms of speed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

@Rotarua674 wrote:

Thanks for this link to the BT speed tester.  Surprisingly it gives results for download speed but not for upload speed which can be equally important!  I don't think I missed anything as it just showed - after a fair delay for a speed test - a download speed an uno options to see anything else in terms of speed.

The link I posted does show speeds for both download and upload. If it doesn't work you should try another browser.

You should also run the further diagnostic test at the end, it gives a bit more detail.

0 Ratings
Alanrf
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Thx gg30340

Surprised my various browser didn't highlight that obvious issue. Fixed now, and, even, the Diagnostic link is working.

All I need now is a high-speed connection rather that a measly (nominal) 10M on an Exchange line!

Alan
0 Ratings